FREE SHIPPING IN USA
Iberian Publishing Company's On-Line Catalog:
Independent City of Staunton
Located in Augusta County. Laid out as a town in 1748 at the site of the Augusta County Courthouse. Most authorities agree that the town was named for Rebecca Staunton, wife of lieutenant governor Sir William Gooch (1727-1749). Staunton was not established as a community until thirteen years later, in 1761. It was incorporated as a town in 1801 and as a city in 1871. Municipal records date from 1802. For earlier records, see Augusta County.
For a better understanding of county boundary changes, see our new section Virginia in Maps
Iberian also has hundreds of titles in e book (PDF) format!! Click here for a complete online catalog of available titles
Staunton City 1815 Directory of Landowners
by Roger G. Ward. 2005. 4 pages, map, 5 1/2X8 1/2.
For a full description of the 1815 LAND DIRECTORY Records and a listing of available counties, see:
Individual County Booklets, 1815 Directory of Virginia Landowners
The above title is also available as a digital e-book in PDF format:
[EVd48] $4.50     (electronic version)
For more records pertaining to the Independent City of STAUNTON, VIRGINIA
|| Virginia/W.Va. || General Reference || Military Records ||
|| Other States || E-Books || New Titles || Home Page || E-Books ||
Copyright 2021 Iberian Publishing Company