Census Records   Military
Other States   New Titles   E-BOOKS
Iberian Publishing Company's On-Line Catalog:
Independent City of Radford
Located in Montgomery county, the town bore many names in its early nineteenth century history: Lovely Mount, English Ferry, Ingles's Ferry, Central Depot, and Central City all appear on early maps of the community. In 1885 Central City was formally incorporated and two years later, in 1887, the name was changed to Radford in honor of John Blair Radford, a prominent citizen of the community. Radford became a city in 1892. The United State Arsenal at Radford was one of the major weapons depots established by the federal government in Virginia during the twentieth century.
Radford's municipal records date from 1892. For earlier records, see Montgomery County.
For a better understanding of county boundary changes, see our new section Virginia in Maps
For more records pertaining to the Independent City of RADFORD, VIRGINIA
|| Virginia/W.Va. || General Reference || Military Records ||
|| Other States || Genealogy Links || New Titles || Home Page || E-Books ||
Copyright © 2014 Iberian Publishing Company