FREE SHIPPING IN USA
Iberian Publishing Company's On-Line Catalog:
Independent City of Clifton Forge
Originally the site of this town in Alleghany county was situated in the Iron Gate Gorge in 1828, when James Clifton founded an iron furnace. The community was established as the town of Williamson's Station in 1861 (the railroad line reached this point in western Virginia in 1857). incorporated as a town in 1884 and took the name of Clifton Forge. It became a city in 1906.
Clifton Forge's records date from 1906. For earlier records, see Alleghany County.
For a better understanding of county boundary changes, see our new section Virginia in Maps
Iberian also has hundreds of titles in e book (PDF) format!! Click here for a complete online catalog of available titles
For more records pertaining to the Independent City of CLIFTON FORGE, VIRGINIA
|| Virginia/W.Va. || General Reference || Military Records ||
|| Other States || E-Books || New Titles || Home Page || E-Books ||
Copyright © 2018 Iberian Publishing Company